I had some train tickets that were close to expiring, so I decided to come to Sapporo and chill for the weekend. Here are 11 pix - since blogger likes to rearrange them, I've added numbers for your convenience. (^o^)
1. Rishiri was visible from the morning train. Hello, friend!
2. I went shopping and tried on some random stuff. Here's me goofing off in the dressing room.
3-5. I had an all day subway pass, so I decided I wanted to find a new spot for lunch. I picked a random spot, walked for a bit, and came across this cafe.
6. The guesthouse I stayed in is so cute. I spent a lot of the afternoon reading my book there and making new friends. The owner had roasted some coffee beans, so he made really yummy coffee for us.
7 and 8. I ate dinner at a soup curry restaurant. The special was a shellfish bouillabaisse. I had it with the squid ink base. Why not?
9. I got lost and found myself in an off track betting center. I was wondering why there were so many pictures of horses.
10. Sapporo is pretty on a rainy night.
11. No trip to Sapporo is complete without a trip to Starbucks. These chairs are comfy.
Then, it was back to the guesthouse where I spent a couple hours chatting with new friends and eating cheesecake. One guy is studying English. One girl is from Korea on a working holiday. Another guy is spending a year traveling the world.
What will today hold? Who knows!