Saturday, January 8, 2011
The past two days have been terrific! Terrific is hard to spell, I might add. But I got to visit Mom's classroom yesterday and spend today with a very dear friend!
I'd love to write more, but I'm really slee......
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Here I am! About 12 more miles down the line. I passed a few more local train stops and the first fast train stop!
Mom and I went shopping and had lunch together today! It was a lovely day, and we had a fantastic time! The weather was beautiful, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well, I’m off to do some Burpees (weirdest exercise name ever).
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Tracking a route this way is kind of fun, because you don't have to turn around each day and go home. It's kind of fun to see everything in a straight line (or a curvy line...).
After I get to Sapporo, I'll just keep heading south and see where I end up!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
One of the many things I love about the homeland is the proliferation of coffee shops. Right now, I am happily typing away at a cheerfully painted table in one of the many Cups scattered around the Jackson Metro area. I have my crazy flavored coffee titled, and I kid you not, Sugar free New Year’s Resolution. I’m kind of wishing that I went for the giant version. Mmmmm.
My Japanese book is open beside me, and I’ve actually used it a little bit. When you are a beginner, it is easy for everything you have slaved over to learn to flit completely out of your mind when you stop studying for a relatively short period of time. This happened to someone we all know and love just one year ago.
OK, so I guess I have no more excuses to not post my resolutions. Heeheehee.
1. Take a photo (almost) every day this year. They don’t have to be particularly fantastic or anything, I just think it will be kind of fun to try. The (almost) is so I don’t give up the first time I miss a day.
2. Blog every day in January and February. I just did January last year, so this year, I’m stepping it up just a bit. At this rate, I will get to posting every day for a year in 2021. Hmmmm.
3. Walk/run/bike from Wakkanai to Sapporo – not really, just get in the mileage. I’ve seen people track their mileage goals this way, and it looks like fun.
4. Finish my novel (at least enough so that it can be read without extreme amounts of pain and confusion)
5. Try something creative every once in a while. I got a beautiful journal for Christmas from my brother that was made by my incredibly creative cousin, and my friend who just got married gave us lovely earrings made by another artistic friend. I can barely do my own hair, people. But I loved my cousin’s creative e-course last year, and so I’d like to try to be just a little more creative this year.
6. Read one non-fiction book or classic each month
So, we’ll see how these go this year! How about you? What are you doing?
BTW, I think today’s date is accurate (should say 1/3)
Monday, January 3, 2011
Taking the crazy dates into consideration, it is actually January 2 right now (the post will probably say 1/3). Oh, well. It was a beautiful Sunday today - lots of sunshine. I love sunshine! Today was also the last day before my family returns to work. I love my family! We also had chess squares for my brother's birthday. I love chess squares! And we went to church. I love church!
Well, I better go to bed - early morning tomorrow!
By the way...what are your resolutions, and how are they going?
Sunday, January 2, 2011
My friend's wedding was just fantastic today! I loved being one of her bridesmaids and standing with her as she married a wonderful man! Everything was lovely and Christ-centered. In some ways, it's too bad we can't celebrate more joyful occasions like that. On the other hand, celebrating joyful occasions can require a lot of work! Fun work, of course.
I'd like to write more, but I am so-o-o-o-o-o sleepy!
The resolutions post will come someday...