So, let's say you need to be up early for something and you really don't want to oversleep. Now let's say that you've been up late the night before, so you are definitely worried that your body is going to stage a revolution and snooze away, peacefully unawares.
Well, I have to get up early on numerous occasions to catch early ferries and trains, and I recently seem to have perfected the secret to getting out of bed EXACTLY when you want to. So, in order to enrich your life, I would like to share my method with you.
1. Move into an apartment building
2. Gather as many neighbors into the surrounding apartments as possible
3. Feel slightly guilty because you are never sure what they can hear and not hear
4. Start working out
5. Load the following song to your iPod and use it in your workouts (the point is to get accustomed to the intro and what comes immediately after it)
6. Use slightly powerful speakers for your iPod so you can listen at home (it is best if the speakers always seem to be too loud)
7. The night before the day you want to get up early, set your iPod alarm to wake you up to the song below
8. Preferably set this up in another room
9. Happily go to sleep
10. At your designated time, this song will start up. When your brain hears John Piper start talking, it will remember the song from your workouts in 5 and know what is coming
11. You will find yourself flying off your futon like someone set it afire
12. And presto, you are awake!
And so, for your enjoyment, here is the song! Even a girl who loves flowers and pink things and dancing has to MAKE WAR every once in a while!