Friday, September 3, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Yes, it has been hot here lately. Now, before all you Mississippi folks roll around your floors in fits of laughter, please remember one thing: We have no air conditioning. So, in honor of the quickly approaching end of the season, here is my list of things I like about summer.
- The way my feet securely adhere to the ground when I go walking. I love the feeling of successfully pushing off the ground as I go along. Things are much less secure when the ground is frozen.
- Long days. It's so much easier to do an early morning roll-out when your bedroom is flooded with light before 5am.
- Fantastic sunsets.
- Sunshine (although...after my attractive sunburn Tuesday, I may be re-thinking this one)
- Going outside without a coat and twenty pounds of survival gear.
- Biking around town.
- The way my circle expands to a much larger area.
- Meat on a stick.
- People in traditional Japanese dress.
- Cool evenings.
- Sitting outside on the ferry.
- The occasional ice cream.
- The way that this summer actually makes me look forward to winter (yes, I will probably quickly change my tune).