So, it's another Feel Good Friday, and this week, I decided to use this prompt:
“Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was,
I bet you can find 5 things.”
1. First snow! As you know from my last post, we had our first snow this week. It was really lovely. I was actually super surprised at how much we got and how long it stuck – I’ve already reverted to my Southern mentality that snow is basically a light dusting of glitter that melts in approximately 10 minutes. Umm, self? I hate to be the one to tell you this, but methinks you aren’t in Mississippi anymore.
2. Listening to a 4th grader sing a song she made up with 2 English words she wanted to know. I was walking around the school during cleaning time, and she was sweeping the entryway. She wanted to know what sweeping was, and so I told her. Then she wanted to know what the broom was. That word took a bit more practice. So then, she dances up and down the entryway sweeping and singing, “Sweeping, sweeping, sweeping, BROOM! Sweeping, sweeping, sweeping, BROOM!” It was completely adorable!
3. Looking at Mt. Rishiri yesterday with snow coming almost all the way down. OK, so this is SORT of related to the first item, but it was still different! Well, sort of. I just can’t describe the transformation the mountain undergoes throughout the year. During the summer, it gently curves through the atmosphere like a dream. At this time of the year, it begins to get its snow coat and is completely majestic. It looks like a storybook mountain. The snow highlights the sharp angles of the mountain and makes it pop.
4. Getting pumped for NaNoWriMo. TWO days! TWO days! Anyone else gettin’ on the NaNo Train? 30 days, 50,000 words! And here, no idea of a plot. Well, I have two…but I don’t know. Augh.
5. Running for 20 minutes straight today! 2-0!! Can you tell I’m just a little excited? I started a running program about 6 weeks ago (basically training for a 5K). Even though I regularly walked decent distances for exercise, starting this program was very different. After the first run on the first day, I thought my lungs were going to explode (or maybe implode…something was going to be ploding somewhere). Now, I can run 20 minutes! Hopefully, I will be able to get out of bed in the morning (get out of floor just doesn’t sound right).
Well, so that’s that for my 5 happy things this week! We’ve been talking a lot in Bible study about being thankful. Coming up with 5 happy things is a great way to realize the many things you have to be thankful for. I didn’t realize that was going to happen when I decided to do this post. Nice benefit!